European Commission Funding Is Available For Activities To Address The Gender Pay Gap Or To Promote Gender Balance In Economic Decision Making

genderOver €250,000 European Commission funding is available for activities to address the gender pay gap or to promote gender balance in economic decision making.

The European Commission is inviting proposals from the voluntary sector, non-governmental organisations, or other non-profit making bodies such as higher education institutions, research centres and institutes.

The funding is being provided under PROGRESS (the Community programme for employment and social solidarity). The aim is to support financially the implementation of the objectives of the EU in the employment and social affairs area and to contribute to the Lisbon agenda. Section 5 of the PROGRESS programme, supports the effective implementation of the principle of gender equality and promotion of its mainstreaming in all EU policies.

The actions proposed should provide clear benefits for more than one Member State and strengthen synergies and cooperation across national boundaries. Therefore, transnational actions and partnerships are being highly encouraged.

The maximum EU contribution to any application will not exceed 80% of the action’s eligible costs. Beneficiaries therefore must guarantee co-financing for the remaining 20%. Contributions in kind are not accepted as part of co-financing. Projects should have an initial duration not exceeding 24 months.

Please note that applications should be sent directly to the European Commission no later than 12:00 (noon) Central European Time on 28 August 2013

The application form and its annexes can be found at:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/newsroom/grants/just_2013_prog_ag_ge_en.htm